With over 1,000,000 books uploaded to Amazon.com each year, what can Aspiring Authors do to make sure their book gets noticed?
Consider these 7 essential components when publishing your next book . . .
- Author Brand Platform: Know your brand and be consistent in visual as well as written messaging; position yourself as THE expert in your business field.
- Audience Communication: Make sure you are talking about your upcoming book on your website, blog, and e-newsletter — even before your book has been published.
- Online Presence: Interact with readers on social media and create a sense of community with weekly updates and excerpts from your book.
- Compelling Book Cover: Remember, “Fonts have feelings too!” Your cover should have easy-to-read fonts and high-contrast colors which will catch a potential buyer’s eye. Seek out professional book designers to create a cover that speaks to your target audience.
- Typography: Professional book designers have all kinds of graphic techniques for making your copy easier to read (especially your interior content): fonts, size of fonts, letter spacing, word spacing, line spacing, and gutter spacing are but a few.
- Engaging Back Cover and Book Description: Use our “Secret Sauce” formula and increase your odds of gaining the attention of Book Buyers. Don’t try to tell the WHOLE story on the back cover. Share enough to keep the reader wanting more!
- Reader-Friendly Content: Have your book edited and proofread by professionals; your neighbor’s cousin who majors in Journalism at college may not necessarily be the best option. Look for proofreaders who know the Chicago Manual of Style—the industry standard for today’s authors.
These components, when implemented effectively, can help aspiring authors sway their audience and increase book visibility and sales.
Are you ready to write that book you’ve been thinking about?
We’d be happy to guide you through the process and make sure your completed book professionally exhibits your expertise!