This past weekend, I was a guest panelist during Monica Shah’s 3-day “Master Your Money” conference in Atlanta. As our time slot approached, I found myself nervous and apprehensive (always happens when doing something new in front of a couple-hundred strangers). Yet I knew once I stepped up onto the stage, my “Professional Cathy” brain would kick in and all would be well.
When preparing for speaking events, I use the acronym, “S.T.A.G.E.” to calm my nervous jitters:
- S = SLOW DOWN. Remember to breathe.
- T = TRUST THE PROCESS. You’ve done this before, you can do it again.
- A = ACT AS IF. You were invited to participate because someone knew you would make a positive contribution. Just go do it.
- G = GET GOING. One foot in front of the other — “. . . and soon you’ll be dancin’ out the door”. (I sometimes use this one at the dentist, as well.)
- E = EXPECT THE BEST. You can do this.
Working with a business coach has allowed us to set-the-stage for building a better business.
As a member of the “Money Club Success Panel”, I was invited to share three things:
- Where was our business BEFORE we began working with Monica?
- How has our business changed over the past year?
- What encouragement can we offer to other small business owners?
Before we began working with Monica, we were riding the “Hope and Pray” roller-coaster with varying income extremes for WA-A-AY too many years. Deciding to work with Monica as our business coach gave us a PLAN, a PURPOSE and a way to project a PROFIT.
Within 9 months of consistently following her guidance, our confidence grew exponentially along-side our client list, and in 4 out of the last 5 months, we have doubled our income over last year’s numbers.
Whether working with a business coach, or following a different path, once you make a commitment to grow your business . . . just stay focused and do the work . . . you WILL see results.
Be willing to take the next-best-step for YOU.
How are YOU setting the stage for your business to succeed?