Over a million books are released each year on Amazon, so how do you and YOUR BOOK get noticed?
There is SO MUCH MORE to publishing a book than merely having it listed on Amazon. Yes, Amazon is a great resource for distribution, but it’s not the end-all. There are SO MANY things that need to happen before distribution to ensure your book helps YOU be more VISIBLE, CREDIBLE, and UNFORGETTABLE.
“It’s not about how well your book sells . . .
it’s ALL about how well your book sells YOU!”©
– Cathy L. Davis
If you are a speaker, trainer, consultant, or small business owner, publishing a book is NOT about creating an additional stream of income. It’s about creating a marketing BUZZ to shine the light on YOU and your business.
If excellence is part of your brand, you’ll want to work with a team of experts who have helped close to a thousand authors with the P.O.W.E.R.© of Publishing.
- P = PLAN WITH YOUR TEAM
- O = OUTLINE & START WRITING YOUR STORY
- W = WRITE/EDIT/PROOFREAD YOUR MANUSCRIPT
- E = ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCE WITH PROFESSIONAL DESIGN
- R = RELEASE, MARKET, & CELEBRATE!
This week, we’ll discuss the “P” for PLAN in the P.O.W.E.R.© of Publishing.
Look for an experienced team who has worked with authors and knows what works best in the current publishing industry. Avoid the DIY’ers who have maybe published once on Amazon, but now consider themselves to be an expert.
Some questions to anticipate during the PLANNING stage of publishing your book:
- Who is your intended audience?
- What do you offer that brings them relief?
- What makes your offering different/better/bigger/bolder than the next guy?
- How do you want this book to be used by the buyer/reader (inspiration, workbook, resource guide, etc.)?
- How far do you want this book to reach (local, regional, national, global)?
- How much have you written (determines if you need a ghostwriter, editor, proofreader, etc.)?
- Do you want to be involved in the process of writing or do you want someone to finish it for you?
- What marketing platforms are you currently involved with (social media, website, blog, YouTube, etc.)?
- Have you published a book previously?
- What’s your budget?
- Do you have a specific deadline (conference, webinar, etc.) as a deadline?
The more info you share upfront with your publishing team, the higher your likelihood will be for success. A professional team will know how to save you money and help you avoid the pitfalls of self-publishing.
“It was a great experience working with Davis Creative Publishing Partners to
publish my book “Loving Failure, Getting Control of Your Business Health.”
They set me up as an Independent Publisher, helped me organize my copy, edited,
proofread . . . and even designed my book cover and interiors. They made the process so easy,
I’m now looking forward to writing my second book. Having my book as a marketing tool gives
my business more credibility and helps me stand out in my field. I highly recommend
Davis Creative Publishing Partners to anyone who is wanting to write a book.”
Debi Corrie, CEO and Founder, Acumaxum
No matter where you are on your publishing path, we can help.
Contact [email protected] for more info.
Watch for our next blog, on March 23, 2022,
when we’ll talk about the “O” for “OUTLINE”
in the P.O.W.E.R.© of Publishing.